IP Address

.

Saturday, May 08, 2010

HOT AND HUMID CONDITIONS DON’T BOTHER JORGENSEN - NOW

KUALA LUMPUR (8 MAY 2010) – Jan O Jorgensen blew 'hot and cold' on his first trip to Asia. That was in 2008 when he played his first Thomas Cup Finals for Denmark.


“We failed to make the semifinals because we lost to Korea (3-2) and I lost my third singles match. It was my first trip to this part of the world. The hot and humid conditions affected me badly physically then,” said Jorgensen.


Today, the Dane is 'ready to do battle' where he is much wiser in his game too.


Jorgensen is set to play the second singles as Denmark aim to break the jinx of not having won the Cup despite making eight appearances in the final.


“I am not only used to the weather conditions in this part of the world but I am also a much better player now. I do not fear playing any of my opponents. Their higher rankings do not rattle me.


“We have a strong and well balanced team that can go all the way. It is a big mission for me and the team.”


Jorgensen has done well in several tournaments in this part of the world, including reaching the final of the China Open last year.


Veteran Peter Gade Christensen, the reigning European champion, is Denmark’s first singles and is looked upon to deliver the morale boosting point for his team in their campaign.


“I know what to expect and I know what is expected of me. I ready for them (my opponents). Yes. We have a good team and our chances are as good as China’s or any other aspiring hopefuls,” added Jorgensen.


Denmark go into the fray tomorrow in Group C with a match against Poland. The other team in the group is Germany. Denmark play Germany in their second match on Tuesday.


Source : Thomas & Uber Cup 2010 Official Website

0 comments:

Post a Comment